• life updates •

I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, A shiny sliver out of one hour. I dropped it carelessly. O God! I knew not I held opportunity. - Hazel Lee

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Thank You For Healing Me"


The disease of my soul was spreading,

Eating me up on the inside,
Keeping my heart from your new life.
And i see now where I was headed 
For there is no cure that can save us,
Outside of Your mercy Lord Jesus.

Yes, You stepped in with Your power to save,
Let forgiveness reign, 
Worked a miracle within.

Thank you for healing me;
I was dying beneath my shame 
But You brought me to life again, and I will sing:
Thank you for freeing me 
I was dead to the truth of You,
But my healing was in Your wounds, and now I sing: 
Thank you for healing me.

Though outwardly I may waste away,
On the inside I´ll be more alive every day.
As I walk through times of pain and grief
There´s a deeper truth inside of me... 
You have placed Your life inside of me.

I´m alive, I´m alive.
I´m alive, I´m alive in You.
Thank you for healing me.

- Matt Redman

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm not sure anyone can follow me since my security setting is so high. Are you feeling okay? I know you had to undergo some testing a couple of weeks ago. How did that turn out? With that knowledge and this post I am trying not to worry and pray for you. I love you like crazy...if you need to talk...I like to listen!