• life updates •

I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, A shiny sliver out of one hour. I dropped it carelessly. O God! I knew not I held opportunity. - Hazel Lee

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nelson - Worship

Recently we were going through the whole "donde esta sus ojo's? la boca? la lenga?" ("where are your eyes? your mouth? your tongue?) and so on when I asked him, "Nelson, can you worship?" He looked at me very thoughtfully and a second latter jumped. He then jumped again, and again. My heart was so overwhelmed with joy ... He gets it! On another day I saw him all alone, pacing back and forth across the room. He would occasionally pause, jump, clap, and lift his hands ... 

Today we were still in the car before service when he began saying something weird that he says for "iglesia" (church) and pray ... he said it several times when I asked "you want to go to church to pray?" he said yes. Then during worship he started trying to tell me something as I got closer he said, "papi pray, papi pray ... pray, pray" as he watched the people on the platform ... it was pretty amazing


You have taught children and nursing infants to give you praise.  
They silence your enemies who were seeking revenge. 
Psalm 8:2

No comments: